Articles 1 - 1 of 1
Full-Text Articles in Law
Addresses Delivered At The Dedication Of The Lawyers' Club Of The University Of Michigan, June 13, 1925
About the Buildings
On April 25, 1922, Mr. William W. Cook, a graduate of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts of the University of Michigan in 1880 and of the Law Department in 1882, wrote to the Regents of the University an offer to erect for the University, at his own expense, "a law students' combined club and dormitory building." In the letter it was stated that "All dues and all profit from the operation of the building shall be used exclusively for legal research work." The gift having been accepted, a strikingly beautiful group of buildings with sleeping rooms and ...