Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Education Commons

Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

PDF

United States History

Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History

Catholic elementary schools

Articles 1 - 2 of 2

Full-Text Articles in Education

St. John's Catholic School - Weston, Office Of The County Superintendent, Saunders County Jan 1976

St. John's Catholic School - Weston, Office Of The County Superintendent, Saunders County

Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History

The construction of St. John's School in Weston was begun in 1954 with the approval of Bishop Louis B. Kucera of Lincoln. Rev. Otto M. Ekhaml was the pastor of St. John's Church at that time. The building consists of a one-story concrete, brick veneer structure having five classrooms, library, office, gymnasium and a convent. The additional rooms in the basement are used as meeting rooms.


St. Wenceslaus Elementary, Office Of The County Superintendent, Saunders County Jan 1976

St. Wenceslaus Elementary, Office Of The County Superintendent, Saunders County

Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History

St. Wenceslaus School has served the community at Wahoo for over 65 years. Records dated back to 1920 indicate it was staffed by the Benedictine Sisters for 13 years. During the early years it encompassed grades one through ten. The Sisters lived in the school, and students were allowed to board there.